RTU HPC Centre organises training in using software and offers consultations on HPC-related issues.
This course covers the theoretical and practical principles of massively parallel approach to high-performance computing, that is executed using multiprocessing systems and/or combination of GPU hardware and specialised software environment.
- I part “Introduction to high-performance computing technology CUDA”. Currently available only in Latvian.
- II part “Applied use of the high-performance computing technology CUDA”. Currently available only in Latvian.
- Massively Parallel GPU Computing with CUDA: Introduction is offered in English within the project CoE RAISE.
- Accelerating Machine Learning With CUDA is offered in English within the project CoE RAISE.
- NEW!!! “Fundamentals of Accelerated Computing with CUDA C/C++“. This course is offered in Latvian with slides in English by EuroCC-Latvia in collaboration with NVIDIA Deep Learning Institute. Lecturer Asoc. professor Dr. sc. ing. Arnis Lektauers (NVIDIA Ambassador in Latvia).
This course introduces students to the basic principles of using MATLAB software. MATLAB is a high-level language and interactive environment for numerical computation, visualisation, and programming.
These MATLAB courses are currently available only in Latvian:
- Introduction to MATLAB (Part 1);
- NEW! Running MATLAB on HPC (Part 1) (offered by HPC Competence Centre in Latvia within EuroCC project in collaboration with RTU HPC Centre);
- NEW! Introduction to MATLAB (Part 2) (offered by HPC Competence Centre in Latvia within EuroCC project in collaboration with RTU HPC Centre);
- SOON! Running MATLAB on HPC (Part 2) (offered by HPC Competence Centre in Latvia within EuroCC project in collaboration with RTU HPC Centre).
These courses are available in English:
The training course provides the basics of computer design using the SolidWorks software.
SolidWorks is a PLM (Product Lifecycle Management) software used by the industry and higher education institutions most often. It allows intuitive creation of product digital models that can be used in digital simulations of various kind (elasticity, strength, heat transfer, flow analysis, electromagnetic fields, CNC processing, pipeline projects, etc.). Users of SolidWorks can visualise the new products, prepare their technical documentation (drawings), 3D prototypes, and directly transfer data to automated mechanical processing equipment.
This course is currently available only in Latvian.
- HPC competence network in European within EuroCC project offers training in HPC, artificial intelligence, as well as big data. More information about opportunities in Latvia are available on EuroCC-Latvia website. Training offered all around the Europe is gathered in European HPC services portal.
- The 4th HPC and Cloud Conference will offer different lectures and workshops related to HPC use.
- Inverted CERN School of Computing (ICSC 2020) offer lectures, exercises, demonstrations, and consultations in HPC online, without a fee. Lecture materials are available after the event on ICSC website.
Apply for courses
Please fill in the questionnaire to receive information as soon as there will be courses available in English. So far the HPC Center offers courses only in Latvian.