Introduction to HPC
Why should you use HPC?
- HPC cluster is equipped with high-performance processors and graphical accelerators.
- If job is split between several processors, simulation can be accelerated thus resulting in a more detailed research.
- Transferring jobs to HPC allows using the personal computer for other work.
- HPC cluster is located in a data centre where uninterruptible power supply, cooling, and administrator supervision is available resulting in less interruptions during the simulation.
- Certain scientific software has already been installed on the HPC cluster, find the list here.
- Many applications have a built-in HPC support facility, which hides the HPC cluster environment from the user.
- Compute time in HPC cluster;
- Software development and code optimisation;
- Installation and administration of a client’s HPC system;
HPC services are available to all RTU employees and students, and we are also open to cooperation with other academic or commercial organisations.
Scientific software has already been installed on the HPC cluster. If the software you need is not on the list, contact us and we will consider the installation possibilities.
To compute using HPC cluster (supercomputer), you must fill in the first. After receiving the application, we will contact you to inform on the following. As a rule, new users are invited to a meeting to discuss the user’s needs and carry out a short briefing on the work with the cluster.