On 10 April 2017, RTU held SolidWorks seminar “Engineer the future: From idea to final product”, in which the possibilities provided by the Edu license purchased by RTU were discussed.
The seminar was hosted by Mikkel Marott, an expert of SolidWorks Education representing PLM Group, the official distributor of SolidWorks in the Northern Europe and Baltic States.
Seminar covered the following topics:
- SolidWorks Edu package, including the relevant modules and simulation tools;
- possibilities of RTU faculty and students to install software on their personal computers;
- certification programme and its advantages;
- site MySolidWorks offering training videos and other support in using SolidWorks;
- business license, which is free for start-ups.