Calls for applications are announced every three months until April 2021. Do not miss them!
- Call #9– 19 September 2019 at 23:59
- Call #10– 20 November 2019 at 23:59
The first RTU researcher travelling to KTH within the HPCE3 project in the beginning of January 2018 was Dr.sc.ing. Jānis Šliseris, who participated in the first round of calls and was granted the support. He works on the development of a parallel software and performs computing in the field of structural mechanics.
More about the visit and application conditions
- Eligible for application are Master students working on their thesis, Doctoral students, postdoctoral researchers, scientists, and other persons involved in research activities.
- HPCE3 covers the travel and accommodation costs, and pays daily allowances.
- KTH/PDC deals with all issues related to accommodation and money transfers, and provides the guests with a work space.
- The visit can be 3 to 13 weeks long.
- If needed, KTH/PDC assists in establishing contacts with a research group that is able to contribute to the particular scientific topic (if the guest does not have any contacts with research groups in Sweden).
- The three main requirements: a) start computing using the supercomputer Beskow; b) good knowledge of the research field; c) two short reports and a filled-in survey form at the end of the visit.
- No experience in computing is necessary: it is enough if you are a beginner.
- You can apply several times.
Applicants should fill in the application form and describe the planned work/project, evaluate their programming skills, indicate the software code (if applicable) and the necessary computing resources, as well as the research group the applicant would cooperate with.
More information: http://www.hpc-europa.eu/guidelines.
RTU HPC Centre will evaluate the compliance of your work/project idea with the HPCE3 project and will contact the project coordinator KTH/PDC to find a research group / mentor in your research field and to solve other issues.
To use this opportunity, contact RTU HPC Centre: email@example.com.